[This post has been edited as I am currently following WordPress’s Blogging 101 classes.
If you stumbled across this from the blogging 101 tag, then hi! I go by the moniker meckronos everywhere online. A Muslim, Gamer, Programmer and now Writer hailing from Malaysia. Curious to know about me, here’s the About Me page.]
So I was about to make a summary of how well this little blog site performed throughout the year. Apparently, WordPress made all the statistical stuff already, so I’ll just link that in case you’re curious.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 1,300 times in 2015. If it were a cable car, it would take about 22 trips to carry that many people.
Having pass 1000 hits in a year is a huge achievement for me. But to make some money on the side (which I do plan to do in the future), I need to have this much hits in a single day. Still a long way to go.
Moving on, expect to see a few changes to make visiting this site worth your time.
- Proper scheduled posts coming every Tuesday and Thursday. This will be hopefully be consistent, and posted by 9 PM local time (+8 GMT that is).
- Extra, topical posts (that is what most people write), coming whenever it’s topical. This won’t be counted to the two articles per week. Consider it a bonus.
- A bit less of offtopic posts, like how naming is important and how the a placebo works. I don’t find enough time to create those kinds of posts currently. It’ll appear less frequently, sadly enough.
- More writing opportunities elsewhere. I have been casually been a contributor for GamerMalaya, even made some reporting duties on behalf on them. Go check them out for other news and tidbits. I mostly post similar content from what I made here, but maybe more new content in the future. Looking forward to contributing for other sites as well, like JomGaming.my.
- Tip Jar. Honestly I have made a single dime doing all this writing. Doing it because I love it. But if you consider any of the posts helpful and worth a tip, you can now do so via PayPal, check the side bar on the left (or press the plus button if if you’re on mobile). I appreciate a drink or two. Coffee, of course.
Thanks to you lot who checked the site, either regularly for new updates, or found it by chance in the search results. Here’s to another wonderful writing year in 2016, and hopefully more cool games, and life lessons, can be experienced.